Re: Reflection and review

> > Was this your first time contributing to the manual project? If so,
> how did you hear about the project?

Yes. I was asked to volunteer by another member of Ubuntu.

> > Why did you decide to get involved?

Ubuntu has saved me many metaphorical tears, needing so much less
maintenance than the usual alternative. As I am not a developer, this is
just one of the ways that I can "give back" to the project.

> > Did you have trouble getting started with the project? Were the
> other team members helpful enough?

No trouble getting started. The team members were plenty helpful,
especially Hannie, who took me under her wing.

> > How did you like your role (author, editor, translator, etc.) in
> this cycle?  Do you think you'd like to take on that same role again?

My role is limited due to health issues, and the one I was given was
perfect for my abilities.

> > Did you find it difficult to use any of the tools for our project
> (e.g., bzr, LaTeX)?

As you know, I am trying to be a champion for Gummi, because it gives
near-instant results on the screen, allowing an editor to instantly see
what has worked and what has not. But also, as you know, I have
struggled to find out how to get the Ubuntu-specific styles and tags
into Gummi.

I had a brief exchange with Gummi's developer, and apparently the next
version of Gummi will support external styles. However, I still have not
found who is in charge of Ubuntu's styles and tags in order to be able
to put them into Gummi! No one here seems to know.

Paddy