Translation manual

Hello translators,
The precise version of the manual is ready to be translated, see [1]. Some of you have already started translating. For those of you who haven't started yet, now is the moment. As a member of Ubuntu Dutch Translators I have prepared a few things to make it easier for my fellow translators. Here is what I have done (you may profit from my tips):

I have split the whole document in portions (chapters/sections) and added these to our wiki (just look at the table), see [2] This is very convenient for those teams that have more than one translator working on the manual. Every translator can add his name to one or more chapters.

I also merged the lucid and oneiric versions with the precise version, giving me a merged file that I can open in a translation tool like Lokalize (or poedit, or your favorite tool). Here you get all the fuzzy translations that were not transferred to precise because these strings were not identical. I can copy those fuzzies to Launchpad and make the changes there. I can also send this merged file to my fellow translators if they want to use this method.

I hope this information is useful to you. If you have any questions, please send them to the manual mailing list. I wish all translators good luck and I really hope we get this manual (LTS!) translated into many, many languages.
Regards,
Hannie

[1] https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual
[2] http://wiki.ubuntu-nl.org/community/Vertaalteam/Status