Re: top bar, menu bar, panel or top panel

Hi Paddy,
Thanks for starting a discussion on this on the forums. It is quite interesting to read the suggestions, one of them particularly: are there plans to redo http://askubuntu.com/questions/10228/whats-the-right-terminology-for-unitys-ui-elements ?Here the answer to the question "Is the bar at the top called "panel"? is No, the top bar is called the "menu bar". But I would still say: who has decided on this? And do we agree? I hope I do not sound arrogant, all I want is to have a clear answer.
Regards,
Hannie