Re: Incorrect pictures on the web page

On 12/07/12 21:11, Kevin Godby wrote:
> If anyone knows of a good web developer...

I used to develop websites (not full time, but it included my own ones).

Then I changed to Joomla, but that required some development to work
well. Updating versions was also time-consuming and a pain.

But now I use WordPress. A colleague introduced me to it.

The following will sound like a vested-interest advert, but I promise I
have no material interest in WordPress whatsoever.

  * WordPress is FLOSS (like Ubuntu ;-) )
    http://wordpress.org/about/license/

  * It is quick to set up a new website
    http://wordpress.org/about/features/

  * Updating versions (including themes and plug-ins) is a breeze, takes
    seconds (really), and is reliable; I've never had one fail on me

  * Making changes to your website (adding and removing pages, changing
    the menu) is easy and mostly intuitive

  * WordPress is used by tens of millions of websites, including some
    world-famous brands
    http://wordpress.com/stats/
    http://wordpress.com/notable-users/

  * There are many hundreds of free themes (and many paid-for ones),
    many from WordPress and some from independent parties
    http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/

  * Choosing a new theme is straightforward and usually quick

  * There are thousands of free plug-ins (and many paid-for ones), from
    CAPTCHA to picture & video galleries to Social Networking, many from
    WordPress and some from independent parties
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/

  * Adding, removing and setting up plug-ins is quick and simple

  * Allowing comments from the public on selected or all pages is
    optional and built in

  * Blogging facilities are also optional and built in

  * Backing up an entire WordPress website is quick and easy (as is
    restoring when need be — I know from personal experience)

  * I could probably find volunteers on the Ubuntu Forums to help
    customise a theme if we need to — though I recommend against this,
    because you'd have to re-customise sometimes when the theme is
    updated (but some themes have built-in customisation options)

I strongly suggest you experiment with WordPress. I am happy to help
with this; and, if you need one, I'll even provide a test domain where
it can be set up, tested and finalised before moving it to the live area.

Paddy