Re: Incorrect pictures on the web page

Hello, Paddy.

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 4:20 AM, Paddy Landau <paddy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
*snip*
> I strongly suggest you experiment with WordPress. I am happy to help
> with this; and, if you need one, I'll even provide a test domain where
> it can be set up, tested and finalised before moving it to the live area.

Thanks for the suggestion, Paddy.  I use WordPress on my own website
and it works fine for a fairly static site like I have.

I have a few questions about WordPress:

1. Is it easy to generate a translation template file (.pot) that can
be uploaded to Launchpad to allow our website to be translated?
2. Can we then use translation files (.po or .mo) downloaded from
Launchpad on our site to display translated versions?
3. Can WordPress handle something like our current Downloads page
<http://ubuntu-manual.org/downloads> that allows people to download
the manual in their language and format of choice?  The downloads page
tries to show you the latest manual in your language (and falls back
in English if the manual hasn't yet been translated to your language).

Most of the rest of the parts of our website are relatively static. We
occasionally update the getting-involved instructions and the jobs
listings, but not terribly frequently.

--Kevin