Re: Software Center update

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Patrick Dickey <pdickeybeta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm a firm believer in the simplest solution is best. In this case, I
> think the simplest solution would be to put something in the
> decsription, or maybe create a shortcut link (or menu link) for it.

It is automatically added to the menus under the name "Getting Started
with Ubuntu 12.04".  If you search for that in the Dash, it should
appear in the results. I think most people would search for the title
of the application or book that they just installed when they're
looking for it.

While I provided a complete description and a list of keywords for the
Software Center entry, it appears that the only thing that the Dash
looks for is the title of the 'application' and the edited tagline:

  Getting Started with Ubuntu 12.04
  Comprehensive beginners guide for the Ubuntu operating system

--Kevin