Re: top bar, menu bar, panel or top panel

On 29 July 2012 10:22, Hannie Dumoleyn <lafeber-dumoleyn2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Many users did not like the global menu, so it is good they can choose
> between the global menu or locally integrated menus in Quantal. See
> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/01/unity-global-menu-to-become-optional.
> If this will be realized in Quantal, I definitely think it a good idea to
> call the global menu "top bar", look at the screenshot in the above
> mentioned link, and the integrated menu "menu bar".
> Hannie

I too am leaning towards top bar for the global menu. It's always
better to be less ambiguous, with the added bonus of less
differentiating for other distributions. Just my two cents.

With metta, Chris

P.s.: sorry for those getting this a second time. Gmail didn't take my
@ubuntu.com address first time around.