Re: Preparing for 12.10 series

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:35 PM, c7p <c7p.admin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1)
> it's time to re-organize our author team as the authoring period has started
> according to the proposed schedule [1].
> A safe date to start writing content is 23-30 of August, when there is
> FeatureFreeze and UserInterface Freeze [2]
> Now you can make an outline of your chapter/section, in case you think that
> your part needs to be re-designed.
>
> If you aren't ok with this schedule we can re-arrange it.

Also, if there are any further changes that need to be made to the
second edition of 12.04, then we need to get this committed soon. I'd
like the final draft to be ready by 20 August so that I can publish
the final version by the time 12.04.1 is released.

> 2)
> Some authors of the previous release have stepped down so we have some
> openings.
> Here is the openings [3], check the "Authors 12.10" column.

I've updated our website with these openings:
<http://ubuntu-manual.org/jobs>. Let me know if any other openings
need to be listed there.

> 5)
> Let me know if you have any warnings, suggestions, recommendations, and be
> very frank :).

I'll comment on this in a separate email.

Thanks, John!

--Kevin