Re: 12.10 Ubuntu Desktop edits done

On 25 September 2012 12:44, Jim Connett <jimandmarcy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In my release, when I put a search term at the top of the Dash, I get
> "local" results as I expect, but at the bottom of the window, I also have
> amazon.com results. Assuming this "feature" doesn't get yanked in the final
> release, I think a screenshot of this is a good idea. I've also mentioned it
> in Chapter 2.  Blogs I've been reading indicate a LOT of people are not
> happy about the inclusion of Amazon.com results based on search results, so
> I won't be entirely surprised if it disappears in the final release. But we
> go with what we have for now.

No, it would be very surprising if that feature disappeared. We are
well past UI & Feature Freeze.

I don't think it's appropriate for the Manual to state this feature is
controversial or speculate that it may be removed in future releases.
The first part is commentary which is more suitable for a blog post or
a popular review. As far as I'm aware, the fact that some people don't
like the feature (most of whom haven't even used the feature yet, many
don't even use Unity) doesn't really matter for whether it will be
included or not. Unity is still default in Ubuntu despite the
criticism it has received.

As long as you follow the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license, you're welcome to
reuse or remix my text:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/ubuntu-docs/quantal/view/head:/ubuntu-help/C/unity-shopping.page

Jeremy

Jeremy