Re: Fwd: editors phase raring - software-management.tex Proofread

Hi David,

You should be able to do this to commit the changes:

1. Copy the file(s) that you edited to another folder (just in case
someone else edited them also).
2. In your /home/username/Projects/ubuntu-manual-raring directory (in a
terminal), type bzr pull  (If that gives you an error, try bzr merge)
3. Compare your edits with the files in the project folder, so you know
that everything is right. (copy the files back in place, if nothing else
was changed in them--otherwise merge your edits with the edited files).
4. type bzr commit -m "your change list here"
5. type bzr push :parent  (note the :parent. If you don't have the : it
creates a new branch).

It should reply with a new revision number (as of right now, it would be
Revision 127 if you're the next one to push).

Here's a link to the tutorial on Bazaar from Canonical
http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/latest/en/mini-tutorial/

Have a great weekend.:)
Patrick.