Re: Gwibber/Friends

Hi Kevin

On 15 April 2013 21:49, Kevin Godby <godbyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Per this bug <
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+bug/1169299
> >
> Gwibber is not available in 13.04 and the Friends app is not installed
> by default.

As I have said before, I have had a number of recent versions in VirtualBox
and on USB.  In one of the VirtualBox installs I did see the Friends app,
but I haven't been able to find it since in the Software Centre.  When I
look in the Software Centre, I do find Friends, which is actually
friends-server, and it is installed by default

> I've already removed the microblogging section from the manual. There
> are a couple mentions of Gwibber in the
> working-with-ubuntu/using-instant-messaging.tex file that we should
> take a look at.

They are only in a comment that I made a while back.  They don't appear in
the manual.  I searched the manual and only found a reference in Software
Management, which I removed.

(I guess this means the 'social from the start' theme of a previous
> version of Ubuntu no longer applies!)

Or temporarily suspended...

Tony