Re: Gwibber/Friends

On 15 April 2013 22:09, Patrick Dickey <pdickeybeta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-04-15 at 15:49 -0500, Kevin Godby wrote:
> > Per this bug <
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+bug/1169299
> >
> > Gwibber is not available in 13.04 and the Friends app is not installed
> > by default.
> >
> > I've already removed the microblogging section from the manual. There
> > are a couple mentions of Gwibber in the
> > working-with-ubuntu/using-instant-messaging.tex file that we should
> > take a look at.
> >
> > (I guess this means the 'social from the start' theme of a previous
> > version of Ubuntu no longer applies!)
> >
> > —Kevin
> >

> Hopefully they'll get the friends-app installed by default either in
> 13.10 or as an update to the 13.04 installer. How much additional work
> would it be to include some brief instructions on installing Gwibber (or
> friends-app) in the Instant Messaging section?
>
>  I wouldn't want to bring Gwibber back into the manual as it will not be
the default app and will conflict with Friends.  Remember that the manual
is mainly for people new to Ubuntu, so we have to stick with the default
apps.  If Friends app can be installed then the Microblogging section
should be resurrected and re-written to include it, but I have yet to find
how to install it.  Even if it can be installed, it may be best to ignore
it for now as it is very much work in progress.

Tony