Re: .pot update

Since the manual is intended for newcomers to Ubuntu, saying that
'...Unity now has...' won't mean much to them since they weren't
familiar with how the menus used to be. I'd adjust the text so that it
simply describes the current state of affairs and leaves out
references to the past.

  I agree.

I'll take a stab at adjusting this text, but it'll be a couple days
before I have the time.

  OK.

Yes. We're still writing and editing the manual (we're a bit behind
this cycle since we haven't had too many authors or editors this
round). The current translation template is just a draft that was
uploaded upon request by Hannie.

When do you think we could be ready to release a first draft, and the final version?

You're welcome to translate it, but expect that some strings will still change.

  I know that.  Fortunately, most of the work is done.

        - Sylvie