Re: Votes LTS/all versions

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 6:20 AM, Hannie Dumoleyn
<lafeber-dumoleyn2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> there were several bugs reported that need to be (or are already) fixed. If
> there are many important bugs, see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual,
> there is a reason to publish a SE, otherwise we could decide to fix bugs so
> they will not appear in the next LTS version we plan to publish.

The bugs are not all that important afaik and almost all of them have
their fixes committed in one way or another. If possible, an
online-only 2nd edition would suffice I think, and would clean up our
bug list.

The major bugs waiting to be squashed are not immediately solvable I
guess --the accessibility bug and the third-party sellers bug.
The accessibility one is a big one though; it would be nice to solve
it for the 2nd edition.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual/+bug/1103679
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual/+bug/579786

> Kevin wrote the following:
>
> I can make time to publish it if we want a second edition. If we are going
> that route, we should decide soon, though, so we can create a new bzr branch
> for it. Then Mehmet's bug fixes can live in that branch instead of the
> current trusty branch. As it stands now, I'll have to back out his changes
> to trusty so they don't interfere with the translations we're publishing.

My apologies for that. I'm still not clear how to use bzr properly and
within project specs (i.e. branching, pushing a branch, how those
interact with translations, what to do to help translations).

Thanks,
Mehmet.