Re: Update March 14th, 2016

Hi,
I bought a new laptop from Dell and installed fresh Ubuntu 14.04 by
removing Dell preinstalled Ubuntu 14.04. The major change I did was
installed Cinnamon Desktop. What I was wondering is shouldn't we also add
section for installing an EASY to use Desktop Environment along side Unity
as frankly speaking Unity indeed is ideal for touch devices and when we
target Desktop users we need to ensure that new users do not run away after
being BORED by Unity without being aware of the fact that there are
alternatives.
This is my perception. But also an open question for you all on what do you
think of this. Just because Canonical has forced in Unity as default DE we
should just follow it in the manual or make the manual more comfortable for
user to grow their awareness about other DEs at least Cinnamon.
Regards