ubuntu-multiseat team mailing list archive

Re: Updated saucy package for xorg-server

On 2014-02-17 13:29, Laércio de Sousa wrote:
> One more thing:
>
> This package includes patches to keep non-seat0 X server from touching
> VTs. It means there's no need to pass option -sharevts to these servers
> when one sets xserver-vt=0 in lightdm.conf.

That was also true with the previous xorg-server upload, wasn't it?

> So, unless you really want to give the user an option to install
> xorg-server packages from outside our PPA, you may safely drop that
> -sharevts option passing in your lightdm patches.

It doesn't hurt to pass -sharevts, and I'd like it to work for those who
choose to run Ubuntu's version of xorg-server, so I'd rather leave it
there for now.  Once Ubuntu has a version of xorg-server that doesn't
need -sharevts I'll remove it from our LightDM.

-Richard