ubuntu-multiseat team mailing list archive

Re: new ubuntu multiseat wiki page

On 2014-02-17 13:07, Laércio de Sousa wrote:
> Never mind.
>
> I've just merged my Launchpad and Ubuntu One accounts and now I can edit
> wiki pages.

Excellent.  Thank you for updating the Packages page.

I have a request:  For the patches that you sent upstream, would you
mind linking to the mailing list archives from the wiki page?  That will
allow people to follow the conversation so far (to get an idea about its
progress).

I saw the new step #5 that you added to the instructions.  I'm curious
about that step -- I wouldn't have thought that it would be necessary.
Does it not work for you if you leave out that xorg config snippet?

Also, step #5 says, "You'll also need to tag another suitable device as
master-of-seat in udev".  By "another" do you mean a device other than
the video card?  In addition to?  The systemd multiseat page[1] says,
"This tag is usually set for the framebuffer device of graphics cards."
 So I would have expected the master-of-seat instructions in step #2 to
be sufficient.

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/multiseat/

-Richard