ubuntu-multiseat team mailing list archive

[Merge] lp:~ubuntu-multiseat/lightdm/automatic-multiseat into lp:lightdm

The proposal to merge lp:~ubuntu-multiseat/lightdm/automatic-multiseat into lp:lightdm has been updated.

Description changed to:

This branch implements automatic multiseat support in LightDM, as reported in bug #1190581. Basically, it should implement steps 1 & 2 of "Complete porting" section in systemd documentation [1]. It's largely based on GDM implementation of the feature.

There are some pieces missing in revision 2041, but support for adding new seats is finished. I'm proposing this merge right now, so you can review it and suggest improvements.

At the moment, I can list the following issues:

1. It doesn't watch PropertyChanged events on seats.

2. In order to keep login1.{h,c} simple (namely, avoid #include'ing seat.h and display-manager.h), callback functions for login1 SeatNew()/SeatRemoved() signals are implemented directly in lightdm.c. Is this OK, or should I move these callback functions elsewhere?

3. [FIXED] It still lacks a proper implementation of a callback function for SeatRemoved() signal. Maybe a display_manager_remove_seat() function (counterpart for display_manager_add_seat() one) is required.

4. [FIXED] When loading initial seat list from logind (by calling login1_sync_seats()), we always get at least one seat (namely, seat0). It may conflict with LightDM option "start-default-seat", ending up with two seat0 seats registered in LightDM (one triggered by start-default-seat, and another one triggered by login1_sync_seats()). Which is the preferred way to prevent this conflict?

5. Should we set property "seat-name" for automatically added seats? Maybe we can even implement support for special sections in lightdm.conf for these ones, which are loaded whenever a seat matching this name is added. Example:

[AutoSeat:Foo]
autologin-user=user1

sets autologin user whenever a seat "seatFoo" is added.

6. Test scripts are missing (help needed).

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/writing-display-managers/

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-multiseat/lightdm/automatic-multiseat/+merge/229682
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-multiseat/lightdm/automatic-multiseat/+merge/229682
Your team Ubuntu Multiseat is subscribed to branch lp:~ubuntu-multiseat/lightdm/automatic-multiseat.