ubuntu-ngo team mailing list archive

Re: Power Management for Camarabuntu

> If not, I was wondering does anyone know of any little programs for
> Linux that are out there which would suit this purpose. Or even
> better, someone who would be able to write a small program for us!

Check the acpi-support package.  This would be the best place to start
looking for how to control idle poweroffs before the user logs in.

gnome-power-manager is only going to control it after the login, so is
of no help there.

Alternatively, if you know that, say, a lab closes at a certain time,
you could write a short script to check if someone is logged in and, if
no one is, power off the computer after closing time.

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

Every day, mindful practice.  When the mind is disciplined, then the
Way can work for us.  Otherwise, all we do is talk of the Way; everything
is just words; and the world will know us as its one great fool.