ubuntu-ngo team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu NGO at UDS

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 6:27 AM, Laura Czajkowski <laura@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Aloha folks,
>
> I thought it would be wise to start thinking about what folks like would to
> discuss at UDS regarding the Ubuntu NGO project.
>
> It started off last May and has made some progress but even this week there
> has been some traffic on the mailing list. There have been mails on
> landscape, CiviCRM, packaging, Accounting all on the mailing list recently.
>
> Who’s going, don’t forget we have remote participation and we can interact
> via the IRC channel for those who won’t be present.
> If it’s possible we can have an irc meeting to discuss this -
> http://doodle.com/3bwr7m6v45995x7z

Hi all,

I'm glad to say that I'll be attending UDS for the first time. I'm
looking forward to getting to meet some of you face-to-face.

First of all, do we want to attempt to have an official session (as
part of the community track I'd assume) at UDS or just meet on the
side-line? If we do want to have an official session, does a blueprint
need to be filed?

As far as some discussion points/agenda items:

* Vision/scope of our project - Many of the issues we've been seeing
regarding Ubuntu adoption go beyond NGOs. While the NGO experience
offers a lot of insight to barriers to adoption faced by
small-businesses and individuals as well, this team has limited
resources. I think we need to do some brainstorming about how we can
best utilize our resources. Many of the issues we've identified are
really much larger development and outreach issues that effect Ubuntu
as a whole. We're not going to fix bug #1 by our selfs, but hopefully
we can a place were this team can be effective.

 * Collaboration with other teams - From the interviews done and
discussions on this list it seems that there is a lot of interest in
server-side stuff. We should probably try to find some like-minded
ubuntu-server folks to rope into working with us.

Anyone else have topics that should be addressed?

- Andrew