ubuntu-nz team mailing list archive

setting up anohter user

Hi follks

I must be missing something
I have plenty of ubuntu boxes set up for my scouts - (with 7.10; 8.04; 9.04 os)
I have set them up with a admin - and then created a user (which the scouts alone can use for their internet experience - as I have and will not tell them the admin (root) log in

When creating the user - it gives you options such as "access external storage devices automatically" etc  under  the user privileges tabs
I have un-ticked all except use a modem - or connect to the internet via modem - thinking that every other privilege is now been taken away from the scouts

YET - it still loads usb sticks / still saves files to hd . . . . .

What am I missing here - i thought by leaving these fields blank the user is not able to use these functions - Correct???
is there another area i need to check /  tick????

Ideas ???

cheers
Papabear

 Why be difficult -- if with a bit of effort, you can be impossible!!