ubuntu-nz team mailing list archive

Te wiki o te reo Maori (Maori Language Week)

Kia Ora!

As part of Maori Language Week, we'll be highlighting modules each day
that are quick and easy to translate, and we'll highlight a vocabulary
word for you to impress your co-workers with.

Highlighted module
==============

Today's module is "indicator-messages", which has 8 entries needing
translation. These entries are the menu items that appear when you
click on the little envelope indicator in the top-right part of your
screen.

If you can translate any of these, go to
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/indicator-messages/+pots/indicator-messages/mi/+translate
and fill them in!

These 3 entries are respectively used for email, instant messaging,
and posting updates to an account like Twitter or Facebook.
Mail
Chat
Broadcast

These 3 entries are shown until you set up the corresponding program.
Set up Mail...
Set up Chat...
Set up Broadcast Account...

These 2 entries are used for showing time elapsed; the "%d" is a
placeholder for a number. So "%d m" becomes "5 m" if five minutes have
passed, "%d h" becomes "2 h" after two hours.
%d m
%d h

Vocabulary Word

Today's word is "kōnae". Although originally used to refer to small
woven flax baskets, we also use it today to refer to a computer file.
Usually it's qualified by the type of file; e.g. "kōnae whakaata" for
"video file".