ubuntu-packaging-guide-team team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~kinggoddard/ubuntu-packaging-guide/913934-fix into lp:ubuntu-packaging-guide

Hi,
   I'm trying to follow the packaing guide and having some difficulties. I thought I'll add my comments here so the new guide can address it as well.

In many steps, it is not clearly explained what is actually done. For e.g. take the following command, it is not explained what those options really mean.

$ bzr dh-make kqrcode 0.4 kqrcode-0.4.tar.gz

So I'm not sure where to run this command. Following this guide strictly I tried running it from build and get the following error

jdavid@Europa:~/Development/ubuntu/kqrcode-0.6.0/build$ bzr dh-make kqrcode 0.6 kqrcode-0.6.tar.gz
bzr: ERROR: Either run the command from an existing branch of upstream, or move kqrcode aside and a new branch will be created there.

trying out bzr help dh-make doens't help much as last parameter seems to be URL to which the source is updated.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~kinggoddard/ubuntu-packaging-guide/913934-fix/+merge/91773
Your team Ubuntu Packaging Guide Team is subscribed to branch lp:ubuntu-packaging-guide.