Re: social application support and user interface

That's right - this "continuous" or "liquid*" experience is something that's subtly implied in Ubuntu's move Unity first into these new devices.

Two scenarios to begin with...

Handset is the one device that can become any other device. Data, links to cloud, and states are stored locally and are thus always in sync. UX depends on what the handset is connected to.

In case of multiple devices owned by the same user (account), we'd have over-the-air sync of data and states that takes place via Ubuntu One (or a service of your own choosing?).

Mika

*http://vimeo.com/24511479