Re: [Development] Automated unit testing

Al 17/02/13 15:36, En/na Andrew Flegg ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> Where possible it'd be good to use TDD in the development of the core
> apps to prevent regressions and ensure edge cases are properly tested.
>
> The Qt Project's page on unit testing is very focused on C++[1], are
> there any good patterns and/or the ability to test with JS? Where
> should tests be located in the projects?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew
>
> [1] http://qt-project.org/wiki/Writing_Unit_Tests

Hi Andrew,

This question couldn't have come at a better time :)

We want to have solid QA for the core apps as well, and we're working on
setting up the infrastructure for continuous integration and automated
tests with Jenkins.

You've probably seen the "Ubuntu Phone Apps Jenkins Bot" user being
added to all teams this morning, and that's the first step to get
everything ready.

Once the infrastructure is up and running, I'll send an e-mail to the
list to describe how it works and the new workflow.

Thanks.

Cheers,
David.

--