Chief of Development

Veridian Enterprises, LLC

myles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 2013-02-18 11:42, Bruno Girin
wrote:

> On 18/02/13 17:15, Myles Hathcock wrote:
>
>> Hi Ubuntu
Phone Devs, I'm investigating the market for exchange / activesync
support in the uPhone email application. As far as I've been able to
see, there are currently no plans to support these protocols, nor are
there easily portable open libraries.

> Evolution has Exchange
support [1] in the evolution-exchange package
> [2]. It doesn't seem to
be available in Quantal and I don't know how
> good it is. Could some of
it be leveraged?

>> I would very much like to see the uPhone succeed
on a large scale, and I think at least providing corporate email access
to owners of this phone would help a lot. Assuming it has not been done
yet, I will be implementing the EAS protocol and adding it as a plug in
to the core email application (and also as a Thunderbird plugin
eventually).

> I agree with that thought but it doesn't seem like a
small task!

> Bruno
>
> [1]
http://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.1/exchange-configure.html.en