Re: [Development] Does "gomobile" web tutorial need 12.10?

[Ubuntu-Phone]

It is good idea to read the code of the components, but we still need its
complete documentation with all details.
It is Qt way - providing full and rich docs. I am started development
today, but sometimes I have no idea how to use
controls in right way.
I understand that their version is only 0.1, it is alpha, but I really want
get full docs.
May be Canonical will let community to write docs too?
Thanks...

Best wishes,
Roman

2013/2/20 Dalius <dalius@xxxxxxxxxx>

> [...]
>>>
>>> Al
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>> Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 16:03:28 +0800
>>>
>>> Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] [Development] Does "gomobile" web tutorial
>>> need 12.10?
>>> From: qqworini@xxxxxxxxx
>>> To: jasnow@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>> CC: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>

>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I found a solution to install Ubuntu-sdk to Ubuntu 12.04, the key point
>>> is how to deal with "qtchooser" conflict error
>>>
>>> The following instruction is what I have done:
>>> 1. add ppa
>>> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:canonical-qt5-edgers/qt5-proper
>>> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-sdk-team/ppa
>>>
>>> ** do not install the ubuntu-sdk now !!
>>>
>>> 2. deal with "qtchooser"
>>> the package "qtchooser" conflict with many qt4 packages: libqt4-dev-bin,
>>> qdbus, qt4-designer, qt4-dev-tools, qt4-linguist-tools, qt4-qmake,
>>> qt4-qmlviewer, qt4-qtconfig, qtcreator
>>>
>>> remove all of them
>>>
>>> 3. install ubuntu-sdk
>>> sudo apt-get install ubuntu-sdk
>>>
>>> should be ok to install in 12.04 (mine is kubuntu 12.04 32bit)
>>>
>>> 4. test the sdk
>>> launch the qtcreator, pls check the version first, it should be 2.6.1
>>> built on Feb 5
>>>
>>> everything should works fine just like the official tutorial
>>>

>>> *** (extra tips)
>>>
>>> If a new qmlproject is created, creator shows that "import
>>> Ubuntu.Component 0.1" QML module not found, now pls open the
>>> (xxx).qmlproject file, add a line:
>>>
>>> importPaths: [ "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/" ]
>>>
>>> now qtcreator shows "read typeinfo successfully"
>>>

>>> Enjoy the SDK now !!!      :P
>>>

>>> 2013/2/18 Al Snow <jasnow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>>>  I wrote up a bug report.
>>>
>>> Then I upgraded to 12.10 and it worked fine.
>>>
>>> FYI,
>>> Al
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>> Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 20:17:32 +0200
>>> From: zoltan.balogh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>
>>> To: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] [Development] Does "gomobile" web tutorial
>>> need 12.10?
>>>
>>> On 02/17/2013 06:02 PM, Al Snow wrote:
>>>

>>>  Does the http://developer.ubuntu.com/get-started/gomobile web page
>>> imply that you are using Ubuntu 12.10 as your base OS?
>>>
>>> If so, can we add it to the web page?
>>>
>>>  Tried it with 12.04 and got QTchooser errors so I am currently
>>> upgrading.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Al
>>>

>>>  Even if  Touch Developer Preview of Ubuntu is officially supported for
>>> Quantal, we have packages for both Precise [1][2] and Raring.
>>>
>>> The best I can suggest is to join to the #ubuntu-phone on freenode and
>>> ask the dev team. Keep the logs and errors you see and we will try to
>>> figure out a solution for your problem.
>>>
>>> Also good idea to make sure that you do not have older instances of the
>>> SDK and the Qt5 in your PPA [3], purge old PPAs, remove deprecated packages.

>>> https://launchpad.net/~canonical-qt5-edgers/+archive/qt5-proper?field.series_filter=precise
>>> [2]
>>> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-sdk-team/+archive/ppa?field.series_filter=precise
>>> [3]