Re: [HOW-TO] [GUIDE] Enable Wi-fi and other modules

Hi,

Please keep in mind that we are thinking in the scenario of developers who
doesn't know which module need to load, or hasn't tested it. If the
developer already knows and have tested, probably modify init.rc is a
better solution. Now, since English isn't my mother language, I'm not sure
about what you mean with "before rolling the image", so my answer will
cover many possible definitions in the given scenario.

If you mean modify it before compiling, it will result in many compilations
before the ROM works in the correct way.
If you mean modify directly the zip file, it will result in many failed
flash versions.
If you mean changing the init.rc on-the-fly, don't forget it requires a
complex process, i.e:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9768103/make-persistent-changes-to-init-rc
.

So, probably using insmod and userinit.sh works faster to test the modules
and then it could be moved to init.rc.

Cheers,
Starcarr