Re: [App] WhatsApp for Ubuntu Phone (alpha)

Hello Renato,
I'm working with Mathias on this project. I thought about integrating this
app into a standard application like telepathy as well and thought of this
as the ultimate goal at first as well.
But here are a few things that need to be considered and resolved:

- Most people people would expect a standalone whats-app app linke they
know from other devices (this will resolve it self after some time)
- people would geht confused which way they used to communicate (chat or
Whats app which I belive a simple mark up wouldn't resolve). The people on
the other side would get annoyed because of receiving answers on another
service, which they would blame Ubuntu on.

But non the less, I belive that a unified massaging service is the higher
goal. After all wie just want to communicate with our friends
and family the cheapest and fastest way possible and don't want to care
which app I have to use. I also think that the messaging indicator is doing
this job already very well.

What do you thing? Are my concerns justified or can you think of a
solution?

All the best,
Jan