Re: [App] WhatsApp for Ubuntu Phone (alpha)

As far as I understood it, the client sends a mobile number to the whatsapp
server, and the server will tell you if that number is registered on
whatsapp. Uploading the whole contact does not seem to be necessary. But
still, one can discuss about various techniques for opting in and out of
that.