Music app.

On 13-03-06 07:58 PM, Akash wrote:
I have no clue why music players are not part of the core apps :)
I suggest watching the UDS (Ubuntu Developer Seminar) Youtube videos:
1) Ubuntu Touch Core Apps Project: http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-1303/meeting/21616/appdev-1303-coreapps/ Starting around 38:00 for a design process review by one of the core app development team. Makes an interesting viewing. There was also a comment by the team on why the limits on the core apps and the answer was simply limited resources.

2) Audio support with PulseAudio and AudioFlinger client:
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-1303/meeting/21627/client-1303-sound-support-pulse-audioflinger/
It seems that the whole audioflinger (android audio layer), pulse/alsa interface and implementation is rather up in the air.

3) If you expect to get to various Internet resources you will likely need some HTTP capable APIs. If that assumption is the correct then you should watch: Web Browser Application for touch devices: http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-1303/meeting/21621/appdev-1303-apps-webbrowser/ At around 20:00 the priority feature set of the browser and the app usage of a Webkit2 interface is discussed. Sign up to a mailing list for Web app discussions is at https://launchpad.net/~webbrowser-app which maybe of interest if what they discuss impacts your intended functionality.