Re: [msm8625] build error - .size expression for pow does not evaluate to a constant

Hi Joey, it sounds like you are having the same issues that I was. Can I
ask what device you are trying to port to? I was trying to port to the HTC
sensation (msm8660). The problem is that the kernel you are using is set up
for Android 4.0 (CM9), whereas Ubuntu is using as its base CM10.1 (which is
based off Android 4.2). That is why you have the mismatch. One option you
have is to find an unofficial CM10.1 port for your device (e.g. in the case
of the sensation I used this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37123159&postcount=2) and
integrate the modded components, using a local_manifest. So instead of not
building qcom/display, you build a modded one which interfaces properly
between the rest of the CM10.1 code and the
kernel. I hope that helps you.

As for my attempt, I was able to build and flash everything, but on boot
the phone would drop into recovery mode and hardly mount anything. I could
mount all the filesystems myself (include /data/ubuntu), but I could not
execute ubuntu_chroot. I have had to leave that alone for a while (time
constraints) although I would still be interested if anyone else on this
list had some suggestions.

Out of curiosity, when you boot, do you have adb access?