Re: [Ubuntu-touch-coreapps] [Design] Design weekly digest

On Fri, 2013-03-08 at 13:38 +0000, Christina Li wrote:
> Core utility key journeys
> This week we have been busy sketching out and wireframing the key
> journeys for the Calculator app which you can see here.

I'm still not convinced about the operator precedence, your example
requires people to have knowledge of the basic precedence, and there's a
lot of 'muggles' that I think would be perplexed with the output given
in that example.

Thinking about your day-to-day rituals, wouldn't multiplication be
primarily used to indicate multiple items, such as 3 oranges or
something. In which case, it would still make sense to have them on the
same line as proposed by somebody earlier, like:

1
+  2 x 4   '2 oranges'
--
9

Thus, making the grouping of precedence obvious.

Really loving the rest of the design though, the ticker tape, and adding
labels to past calculations is a really great idea.