[Ubuntu-touch-coreapps][Design] Design weekly digest

*Hello everyone!

Hope you are all having a great week! We had a busy week this week being involved in various UDS sessions, and in particular the session we had on the Ubuntu Touch Core Apps! Here's some quick updates on what we've been working on this week.

Core utility development
As with last week, we are primarily focussing on the four core utility apps- Clock, Calendar, Calculator and Weather- as we introduced in Mika's blogpost <http://design.canonical.com/2013/02/app-patterns-applied-core-utilities-for-ubuntu-on-phones/>. It's been really exciting to see the development work for these apps and they are coming along really nicely!

Core utility key journeys
This week we have been busy sketching out and wireframing the key journeys for the Calculator app which you can see here <http://design.canonical.com/2013/03/app-patterns-applied-calculator-key-journeys/>. These are wireframes to communicate our ideas and key journeys, they are not visual designs. The visual design will bring a greater level of detail and sophistication so watch this space!

As always, we will do our best to answer all your questions about the App Design Guides <http://design.ubuntu.com/apps>or the core utility designs both here and on the ubuntu-touch IRC channel <http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ubuntu-touch>, but if you have any urgent questions blocking you, David Planella (dpm) is pretty persistent at getting our attention!

Have a great weekend everyone,

Till next week,
Canonical Design Team.
*
**---
Weekend reading

Calculator key journeys <http://design.canonical.com/2013/03/app-patterns-applied-calculator-key-journeys/>
Our key journeys for the Ubuntu Calculator app.
Curious Rituals <http://curiousrituals.wordpress.com/2012/09/03/curious-rituals-book/>
Honest and accurate descriptions on how we posture around our gadgets.
The Psychology of the Todo list <http://mindhacks.com/2013/02/05/bbc-column-the-psychology-of-the-to-do-list/> Your mind loves it when a plan comes together -- the mere act of planning how** to do something frees us from the burden of unfinished tasks.*

----
Useful design nicknames in the ubuntu-touch IRC channel <http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ubuntu-touch>

Calum Pringle : ckpringle
Mika Meskanen : mesq
Christina Li : christina
*--

Christina Li
User Experience Designer
Product Strategy | Ubuntu Platform | Design
christina.li@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:christina.li@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Follow ups