ubuntu-phone team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Ubuntu Touch Summary (week 13)
Some great progress was made last week on Ubuntu Touch. Here are the
highlights of what landed in the image last week:
- Transition to Qt 5.0.1 complete. All apps and sdk have now been
cutover to use this latest version of Qt and packages in the ppa's have
- New release of ubuntu-ui-toolkit landed (0.1.39~quantal1) with many
new features and bug fixes
- Work nearly finished on transition to Raring. Most packages have been
updated/rebased for Raring and uploaded to ppa. Expect a fresh Ubuntu
Touch Raring build soon!
- camera-app was simplified by Renato Filho to use the Screen component
for device rotation rather than the Sensors API. This fixed an issue
with the control layouts in landscape orientation.
- gallery-app updated by Guether Schwann
-- added support for max texture size to display photos in the highest
resolution supported by the given hardware.
-- fix for crash when opening a photo from the album view
-- enabling of pinch to zoom
-- using updated header and toolbar components from the newly released
-- added toolbar in photos view
-- implement add, delete and start camera functionality
- gallery-app had a variety of packaging updates done by Michael Terry
- maliit-framework/plugins (osk) updated by Thomas Moenicke
-- merged with latest upstream maliit 0.94
-- maliit-keyboard UI now QML based
-- initial support added for both maliit-keyboard and nemo-keyboard
switchable by configuration. nemo is still the default until
maliit-keyboard is fully operational.
- notes-app updated by Ugo Riboni
-- Some code refactoring based on reviews
-- Update text size in the toolbar
-- Added animations to all transitions
-- Updated to work with new SDK and Qt 5.0.1
- phone-app updated by Gustavo Boiko
-- Use the updated SDK headers and toolbar components in DetailViews
-- Optimize some list delegates by using a simpler version of them and
change the tab pages to be loaded asynchronously.
-- Fixed crash during the contact search using ContactsSearchCombo by
-- Fix bug with sending text with empty string
-- Fixed issue with "remove" button being too close to the edge in
Contacts Detail editing view.
-- updated unit tests to avoid potential race conditions
- phone-app packaging updated by Michael Terry
- share-app runtime dependencies updated by Olivier Tilloy to work
correctly with Qt 5.0.1 and latest SDK.
- webbrowser-app updated by Olivier Tilloy
-- Problem with progressive loading of pages identified as a regression
with qtwebkit as it's fixed in qtwebkit trunk. Work in progress to
cherry pick the fixes into 5.0.1 version.
-- Allow running with stock QtWebKit as found in Ubuntu.
-- Initial support for "smarter" address bar. Added states and updated
-- Add support for <select> dropdowns.
-- Work around the lack of support for handling hyperlinks with a
target attribute set to '_blank' in QtWebKit.
-- Allow faster scrolling, by making the maximum flick velocity of
the webview proportional to its height.
Also make sure to check https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices, as the
list of supported devices keeps growing almost in a daily basis. Newly
added since last time was support for HTC Sensation 4G.
Thanks to everyone involved for making this happen!