Re: How to make deb package?

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Zoltán Balogh
<zoltan.balogh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The  Debian New Maintainers' Guide is a very smart reference and all
> developers who wants to package are suggested to read and understand it.

By what measure you call it "smart"? Because it is superfluously long?
The length already suggest how stupid the toolchain is; the tools
cannot figure out many things by themselves.

> The Ubuntu documentation is a good reading too:
> http://developer.ubuntu.com/packaging/html/

OK, I do see an example of how to package GNU hello, which is most relevant.
http://developer.ubuntu.com/packaging/html/packaging-new-software.html

But what if dh-make doesn't make? How to control the whole beast.

> and the net is full with relevant and good documentation (for example:
> http://wiki.debian.org/PbuilderTricks)

Many dumps of shell scripts. What if things goes wrong?

> The fundamental problem is that there are way too many instructions :) and
> some of the are outdated and/or controversial.

Good tools should just work. Poor tools requires superfluous amount of
command-fu and may never be well documented.

> The ultimate Ubuntu Touch cross builder documentation is on its way ...
> contributors are welcome :)

Is there a repo?