Re: Phasing out quantal and raring in

On 04/19/2013 03:21 PM, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
> The current status today is that we have 2 parallel builds going on. The
> quantal side of the story is sort of phasing out, we are only keeping it
> long enough because we want to tag a blessed image in cdimage just in case.
>
> The interest to move to raring and have almost no gap between that and the
> migration to s is of great interest.
>
> After some discussion with people (irc), we came out with this mini roadmap:
>
> - Disable phablet-land for daily released projects.
> - Core components or phablet-extras which aren't under daily release are
>   going to maintain phablet-land as their trigger to go to the ppa.
> - if anything needs to land into quantal, it's going to be cherry picked.
> - building for quantal in jenkins is going to stop.
>
> What this also means, is that you need one more PPA which is
> ppa:ubuntu-unity/daily-build-next
>
> ppa:phablet-team will still hold all the non daily builds.
>
> Cheers
> Sergio.

In preparing for the move to raring next week we did a final
qualification pass on the quantal image. We have tagged the build from
Thursday as quantal/monthly-04. It has some recent regressions that are
noted in the dashboard here:

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/268/builds

On Monday we will merge several fixes that address most of these issues
and create another tagged version which is intended to be the last for
quantal.

Note that the phablet-flash tool now supports flags to
"--list-revisions" and to flash a specific revision, for example:
phablet-flash -r quantal/monthly-04

We also have qualified the raring images and they appear to be on parity
with quantal so we feel confident to move forward.

Pat