Let's talk: Root access, updates, OEM skins, and bloatware. [Canonical] [design] [development]

As this is full Ubuntu, I truly expect that I will be able to drop in a
terminal and "sudo" my way around the system to anywhere I want to go. My
fear is that Canonical will give into the carrier pressures and give root
access only to the carrier, even though it is the user's to possess. This
could strongly interfere with updates, as it is no longer our choice to do
the update, but the carrier's. I really don't want any company or person
other than myself else having root access to my phone... *but... what is
Canonical's stance on this*? I've seen no "gksudo" style GUI auth prompts
anywhere in the OS, so that makes me think that every user having root
access to their own phones and tablets may or may not be a priority for
Canonical, but rather something only found in the developer build. We
shouldn't have to make "root" into a verb on Ubuntu, it should be the noun
that it has always been for Linux.

The update system in Android is broken, horribly. Everyone knows this
plainly. I'd really like to know if Canonical has any more information they
can share about their plans for full OS updates in the future?
Understandably, this information might not be available yet -- that's fine.

OEM skins... these are tricky. I know Canonical has to work with OEM
partners, since they have no plans to release a "uPhone" to compete with
the iPhone -- made in house and perfected, but I would appreciate a
Facebook Home style "off" button being negotiated into each OEM skin, if
possible, and the rest of the community would agree, but obviously
Canonical does not have full control since it is open source, and that's
fine.

Carrier bloatware. Make it easily uninstallable and able to be reverted.
That is all I ask. If we have root access, we'll be able to do it
ourselves, but make it easy enough for the average user to do it
themselves... please.

Is there anything a Canonical rep can say about any of these points? I
would appreciate it, but then... maybe it is too early in the game for much
to be said on this subject.

--
Sincerely,
    Josh