Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 19:23:28 -0700
From: randall@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Ubuntu-phone] [Design] The "Don't Bug Me Unless You Have a Super Reason" Use Case. Anticipated?

Confession time!  I *dislike* interruptive communications. If it's not
an emergency, and it's not worth scheduling, then it's not worth a phone
call.

Evidently, I'm not the only one:
http://laforge.gnumonks.org/weblog/2013/01/16/

With the Ubuntu Phone coming soon(ish), perhaps we have the opportunity
to do something to address this blight. From my unscientific market
scan, no competitor seems interested in giving phone "users" control of
when they can be interrupted and by whom and at what cost (to
attention). This is culturally entrenched in the voice carrier culture
who love airtime charges and your money. Anyone remember old rotary dial
telephones that were hard-wired into your home with no "off" switch? I do.

With all that said, what are some ideas on how to reclaim our phones?
Has this use case been anticipated? I'm happy to roll up my sleeves and
participate in the design process, but I want to make sure I'm not
duplicating effort first.

Thanks for reading, Ubuntu friends. Let's take back our phones :)

Cheers,
Randall.