Applications spawning other Applications

Hi,

While discussion the click packages manifest, and the possibility of supporting
multiple binaries inside the same click package in the future, I was wondering
if we had an API where one application can spawn another.

For example, to allow AppXYZ to spawn the browser pointed to a website, to spawn
the wireless settings dialogue to allow the user to turn on their network, or to
even allow spawning a second application bundled in the same click package.

Is there an API for this already? Is it something we're going to handle?

For the browser, I imagine a URL handler will take care of it, but what about
spawning a different application that doesn't necessarily handle URLs or MIME types?

Marc.

Follow ups