Re: GSettings schemas for phone/tablet settings

Le 18/07/2013 17:29, Marc Deslauriers a écrit :
FYI, App developers will not be able to use GSettings in the current version of
the SDK because of application confinement.

Hey Marc,

The specific usecase there is having the touch system settings application set up a few "system settings", that would include e.g:
- the background image (read by unity8)
- the ringtone (read by the phone-app)
- things like "silent mode" that should be respected by a few applications (phone, messaging, ...)

The gsettings restriction doesn't apply to the core applications, right? Which means we should be fine for what we have been doing? Some of some might just need to get a proper api if they are going to be things applications need to read though...

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher