Re: Moto X Porting

I've decided not to buy the Nexus 4 for numerous reasons (no LTE, too wide, etc). So I'm looking at what other hardware (if any) options exist for running Ubuntu-Touch in October. I really, strongly prefer smaller hardware that is iPhone-5 size, especially a width of about 60mm.

Please do tell if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 06:48:34 -0500
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Moto X Porting
From: coder543@xxxxxxxxx
To: mttbrnsmls@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: daniel.holbach@xxxxxxxxxx; ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We don't actually know if it will be unlocked. Traditionally, Motorola phones have been very tightly locked. If it is unlocked, someone will surely create a port for it. Canonical is only officially supporting Nexus 4, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10, insofar as I'm aware, but they created a tutorial to help advanced users port Ubuntu touch to new devices, and there is an activity community doing it for devices.