Re: Various issues with Ubuntu Touch

Hi,

Thanks for getting involved! :)

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Psypher <psypher246@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No navigation buttons in the browser, how do you go back to the previous
> page?

Swipe up from the bottom.

> Battery drain and increased temperature (process leak?)

Depends which app. I would open a terminal and run "top" to see what's
eating the CPU.

http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app

> These are just a few of many.

Keep them coming!

> So where should I begin? Should I take just one issue (battery drain and
> heat) and just run with that or log a bug for each and every issue I have
> found so far even if that part of the interface is non-functional at this
> time?

Separate bugs are always the way to go. Also feel free to drop by
#ubuntu-touch on freenode and we can very quickly tell you what should
and should not be working or mocked up or in development.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/SdkFeatureStatus

> Also what distinguishes "Core Apps" from core functionality and where is the
> latter being tracked? Logging bugs on the terminal application is less
> important to me than logging bugs about the interface/OS itself.

The default apps are a combination of ones we developed initially
internally like camera-app, webbrowser-app, phone-app, and "Core Apps"
which were community developed. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/CoreApps
 - However if they ship by default on the phone and you find a bug, it
should be reported, no matter how important the app is personally to
you.

> Any guidance as to where my insight could be used would be greatly
> appreciated. I am not a developer myself but I am learning a bit of python.
> But I have great usability ideas and have found quite a few glaring
> omissions in the interface but not sure if this is the right place for those
> discussions. I feel we have a very long way to go before this OS and it's
> core apps are usable and would like to assist in making that target.

This is the place for those discussions. Here and on IRC.

Alan Pope
Engineering Manager

Canonical - Product Strategy
+44 (0) 7973 620 164