Ubuntu System Settings: summary week 31

Hey everyone,

Week 31 was another busy week for system settings, summary of what has been happening:

* Settings app:
- support to directly loading a panel (e.g "system-settings background")
- small refactoring of the directories in use to allow external panels to install custom backends in an easier way (needed for online accounts)

* About:
- connected the "check for updates" button to the update panel

* Licenses:
- replaced custom backend code by use of a folderlistmodel

* Phone:
- implemented the services support (backend around ofono-qt)
- renamed "call diversion" to "call forwarding"

* Privacy:
- implemented the "dash privacy" option (let users turn off the dash online queries)
- enable automatic error reporting when the option is turned on

* Sound:
- updated the UI to reflect design changes (only list ringtone and messages as sound type) - made the code write the configuration to gsettings, submitted a merge request for the telephony-service to read those keys (waiting for review)

* Timedate:
- changed the loading of the list of locations to be async to avoid blocking the UI

* Updates:
- small UI tweaks
- changes to the dbus interface to work with the real service and not only the mock one - the update panel got used to do a successful demo of a system update (the system images are not used by default yet though, so that doesn't work on the default installation)

We also moved forward discussions on what we need from the backends/other system parts, that includes:

- "silent mode" and where it should be implemented

- the greeter, what options it supports (or doesn't support yet) and what is going to be the api/interface to change those options

- how to properly check things like "the device is online" or "the device can use datas" (unresolved but should be part of the sdk)

- how to get the timezone informations

- discussions with the sdk team about the content picker (not available yet) and whether it's going to support what we need

- device vibration, settings' reset, ...

That's it for this week!

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher