Re: Questions regarding the App Showdown

Al 08/08/13 16:50, En/na Michael Spencer ha escrit:
> Hello,
>
> I'm planning on developing an application for the Ubuntu App Showdown,
> and have a couple of questions:

That's excellent news :)

> I'm concidering allowing the app to sync with a backend web service. Is
> this something I would use Online Accounts for, and where can I find out
> how to use it?

I'm CC'ing Alberto Mardegan (mardy on IRC), who develops Online
Accounts, and he can give you more detail.

You might also want to look at the old Facebook app code
(https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-facebook-app), although I believe it
didn't use OA directly, but through Friends.

> Also, the service in mind requires an API key by the
> developer. What is the recommended procedure for using API keys in an
> Ubuntu Touch app that is open source (GPLv3).

I'm not sure about the best answer to this one, you might want to wait
until someone with more knowledge answers on the list, or ask on
askubuntu.com.

> I'd also like to be able to schedule events in the calendar, by passing
> a date, title, and text to the calendar. Is this possible, or will it be
> possible by the deadline?

This is currently work in progress. You should be able to use Qt
Organizer for this (the libqt5organizer5 package), with the jsondb
backend, but in the calendar app meeting today it seems there might be a
couple of upstream bugs which prevent from using it. You might want to
give it a go and report back if it works for you.

> Another feature that would be nice to have is inserting notes into the
> Notes app. Again, is or will this be possible before the deadline?

I don't think there is an API to insert notes in the Notes app, but Ugo
Riboni, who develops the app, should be able to confirm.

Cheers,
David.