Re: Running background services

Things are getting confused, so I put some use cases. For example, a client
of Ubuntu one that sync photos when a new one is shot? Or a daily backup?
Is this possible? And if it is, what's the path? :) I'm thinking from a
event driven point of view. Does the user always need to open the
application for synchronization or it can be automated? What about a mobile
déjà dup? This is something that cannot rely on user focus, it would become
really boring. Just more, how are currently handled events in calendar app?
Or is it different because it's a system app?

Thank you very much for your time :)