[Development] Newbie troubles: No valid kits found

Hi,

I'm running Raring Ringtail, and have eliminated as much QT4 stuff as I
could.

A few weeks ago, following the directions on the web site

http://developer.ubuntu.com/get-started/

I installed the SDK.  I start it from the Ubuntu SDK icon in the dash, and
after an interminably long wait, the window pops up, with a "Make it
Ubuntu" and a picture of the phone running Touch.

Create a new project offers:
 *  Other projects
 *  Non-QT project
 *  Import project

Choosing "Other projects - Code Snippets" (the only thing listed in "Other
Projects" yields the message "No valid kits found".

The very first time I tried the SDK, there was an "Ubuntu Touch project"
choice in the list (or something similar) but the "No valid kits found"
popped up for that as well. Since then, it's only the three project choices
listed above (I assume due to one of the many upgrades that were happening
with QT-related / Ubuntu SDK-related stuff).

Presumably, I have some crapola conflicting with the SDK, but I'll be
damned if I know what.

Thoughts?

Follow ups