Re: Can we have something like /etc/buildstamp in ubuntu touch image ?

On Aug 29, 2013, at 11:11 AM, YC Cheng wrote:

>I put those information on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install as a
>section "Check version after install".
>
>On my n4 install 20130827.2, the client.ini content:
>
>[service]
>base: system-image.ubuntu.com
>http_port: 80
>https_port: 443
>channel: daily
>build_number: 0
>
>maybe that's what's said to be the build_number 0 thing.

With system-image 1.3 there are actually three places that the build number
can come from, in the following order:

* The -b/--build command line switch
* /etc/system-image/channel.ini
* /etc/ubuntu-build

While there is a build_number variable in /etc/system-image/client.ini, it's
ignored there.  That section exists just to make overriding by channel.ini
easier.  Eventually, we'll probably get rid of /etc/ubuntu-build and only use
the channel.ini file.

-Barry