Consistency among core apps

Hi all,

The past couple days, I've been making my first forays into the core
apps projects and the QML world more generally. One thing I noticed
was that there are some core apps that have pieces doing the same
thing in different ways. I brought this up on IRC, and dpm suggested I
bring it to the list.

For example, the clock and weather apps both have location selection
components. Please see the attached picture. On the left is the is the
clock app and on the right is the weather app. Two different
implementations, with two different visual styles, with two different
behaviors. The clock searches while you type while the weather app
does not.

It seems like a lot of duplication of effort, and it leads to an
inconsistent feel. Ideally, I guess, we should be building some
reusable components, but if nothing else it would be good to share the
code and design.

Thanks,

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>