Re: QML d-bus

On 12 September 2013 00:13,  <brandon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A click package is incapable of requesting system installation of an apt package/dependancies?

Click package has only one dependency which is automatically satisfied
- the ubuntu sdk for the target release (13.10 at the moment).

The root filesystem is read-only, and dpkg and apt are disabled and
one cannot request typical package installation & dependencies.
The root filesystem is originally build using dpkg/apt, as all
plumbing components are shared across all ubuntu form factors (core,
cloud, server, desktop, touch).

Thus any other dependencies / shared libraries / qml extensions must
be included within the click package. Alternatively, changes can be
proposed to be included in the ubuntu sdk, core applications, default
image.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.